Monday, August 24, 2015

10 - Body weight exercises


I often find myself surfing the net, scouring various forums and obscure web sites in an effort to learn more about fitness and health. When I do so, however, I'm often surprised how often I run into the opinion that bodyweight exercises are great for building endurance, but not strength. 

This is demonstrably not true. As I point out elsewhere on this site, how do animals such as Gorilla's or Chimpanzee's develop their amazing strength and power? They never lift weights, yet they posses astounding strength and power. Yes, the answer often comes back, but that is different. The muscles that animals posses are somehow "different" than human muscles, etc. I doubt this (muscle is muscle), but for the sake of argument  let's accept it for the time being. Instead, let's consider the example of one of the most "animal like" athletes I'm aware of. Namely, the Gymnast. 

So if i were you, Work hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment